[SML] Masking Projector Black

Ross Faker200 at netins.net
Fri Feb 6 22:03:29 UTC 2015

Something that was done once in a church, take a piece of cardboard with a crease in it so that the projector is sitting on the cardboard. Then bend it up so that it trims of the bottom of the field that you do not want.  Their was some distance between the cardboard on the lens.  With trial and error this this might work if you cut a hole in the cardboard to trim the field however you want.

Clay Ross
Pro Dreamer

All,

      I'm curious what can go wrong when trying to mask portions of a projector field with black wrap. I am planning to dowse the projector, but do to its intended use, and necessitated position, large portions of the field will never get used.
      Is it possible to crack a lens because of unevenly reflected heat? Will I burn through the Black wrap? The projector in question is a 5k Eiki with a power zoom lens.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Matt Whiton
Production Manager
Lyric Stage Company of Boston