[SML] Box Office/Ticketing Software

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 18:57:16 UTC 2015

> On 7Feb, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Jon Ares via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> Nope. Need to have a connection to the Mothership to process/print.
> Besides, if you weren't connected, how would you know which seats were
> available...?

	That is a concern to me. It should be possible to download / mirror the sales stats to a local machine and be able to still fly if the tether gets lost.

	I realise that this particular approach wouldn’t work for a “Serious” theatre program like yours, but this is what I have done several times. I use TicketRiver for on-line tickets / advance sales. I get reports to keep in touch with how many tickets are sold. Hard tickets are sold at the door, and sometimes at a booth at other events in advance. For those, I use the “Square register” on my iPad. This keeps track of sales and only needs to be on-line for credit cards. Actually, even that is possible in “off-line” mode. Since I input the on-line tickets to the register, I have a sales total all the time without having to be on-line.

	It seems that similar functionality should be possible for a bigger-scale system.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.