[SML] Masking Projector Black

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:29:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Actually, many DLP projectors can do this.  My Digital Projections' Titan
> unit has a menu option where I can bring in digital shutters from four
> sides.  It accomplishes this by turning off the micromirrors for the pixels
> that aren't desired.  Very effective.  I just wish they gave me DMX control
> of this parameter so I can change it easily during a show.

 Can the shutters be controlled via ethernet or serial port? If so, it
wouldn't be difficult to rig up a DMX-to-Ethernet/Serial converter using a
Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black running Open Lighting Architecture (OLA -
https://www.openlighting.org/) and some Python glue. It would be a perfect
student project.

Michael S.