[SML] Masking Projector Black

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Wed Feb 11 03:28:05 UTC 2015

On 2/10/2015 6:57 PM, e-mail frank.wood95 via Stagecraft wrote:

> I am often alarmed by the general reluctance of lighting designers and
> technicians to design and build gear to solve specific problems.
> Everyone seems to be looking for a piece of commercial kit. Jerry
> Durand and I seem to be the only list members who are prepared to do
> this sort of thing.

Yeah, the dozens of flicker candles using 556 timers, the Battery
powered TV for Hairspray that ran off a modified version of that same
candle design, the whole self-contained Pop-up Game show I just did
using an Arduino processor which I assembled, programmed and modified on
site to please the directors...  And the full size game show where I
inserted latching circuitry into each podium when the lighting system
didn't react quickly enough to guarantee a read of the winning button...
  And then there is the Arduino based quiz game system I am Building
from the Latin teacher at Lenore's school, And dozens of motor control
cabinets..

Yep, just You and Jerry, and maybe Clive....  and a whole bunch of the
rest of us....