[SML] Mac-based Lighting Control software: thoughts?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Feb 11 05:01:38 UTC 2015

Greetings all... as I await a DMX/USB interface (intended for testing
and troubleshooting, not for running shows), I'm thinking of
integrating said device or two for educational purposes... mini-light
labs and the like - again, not necessarily for running shows (although
I'm not ruling that out - let's see where this goes).  Any
recommendations for Mac-based software consoles that are easy to use?
(Just want students to learn the basics, but in a uber-portable way.)
And I say Mac-based, cuz that's what we happen to have lying around
the theatres.

Free is great... low-price is good, too.... but simple/easy is
important. The purpose of this is to teach/explore the basics of the
lights, dimmers, DMX, etc, not days/weeks of learning the software.
Thoughts?

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com