[SML] Mac-based Lighting Control software: thoughts?

Herrick Goldman herrick at hglightingdesign.com
Wed Feb 11 14:21:44 UTC 2015

I understand they have improved but they had me at goodbye...  Same happened with hog 3 when they came out two years earlier than they should have.  Also the Maxxyz that only provided 511 Dmx channels because the engineers started at zero.   Now all three boards have to prove to me that they have grown up and become reliable.   Hog trashed the three series and became a reliable hog 4 , Maxxyz is gone and Is now the obtuse M1 and m2go line which I'm unwillingly programming this week.

 Chamsys is Indeed some of the flying pigs.   Obviously their marketing scheme is to get students to use it and that's fine.

Why would I worry about reboot time?  Consoles shouldn't crash..   Advertising a reboot time sets off warning bells.   Of course they do crash , they all do, but I wouldn't advertise reboot as a feature.  "Hey this car stalls a lot but the ignition is a champ, so restarting a bunch is easy".  :)

I don't mean to trash the console and I'm sure it's appropriate for many.  Do they still only mirror the one center console screen on the outboard monitor? That was an early bugaboo.. I assume that's gotten better.

Keep me posted if anyone starts using it in class.  I'm curious to hear about it.

(Apologies for not trimming its a pita on the iPad )

Sent from my H-pad

Herrick Goldman
917-797-3624
www.HGlightingdesign.com