[SML] A random thought

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sat Feb 14 02:58:23 UTC 2015

All radios transmit power.  Microwave ovens are just high powered radios
with your dinner in front of the antenna.

Solar power satellites would transmit power to the ground in a microwave
beam.  Many millions of watts worth.

So yes, it's been done.  It's hard to transfer much power efficiently
without frying people walking in the path of the beam.

Every now and then somebody "invents for the first time" a device that
lets the receiving device be powered by these waves.

I had one as a kid, it was called a crystal radio.

On 02/13/2015 06:51 PM, Ross via Stagecraft wrote:
> A random thought I had while dreaming, is their a wireless device that
> will transmit power.
>
> Backstory  ->  I have a standing lamp on stage as set decoration.  If
> I want to use it, I have to string a drop cord witch is not a good
> idea.  Looking at alternitves for future productions.
>
> Any one ever think about this before?
>

> Clay Ross
> Pro Dreamer

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand