[SML] A random thought

Jon Weaver fohlighting at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:26:25 UTC 2015

I have replaced many onstage lamps with 12v Marine lamps (you can get
them in soft white with a medium screw base.) and then powered the
lamp via a small 12v battery hidden inside a drawer on the table or
the base of the fixture. You can then have the Actor turn it on and
off (If you trust them and/or can work it into the blocking) or add a
small wireless package like RC4.

The fun part is after the show you have some lamps running around your
shop that even after being clearly marked "12V ONLY!!!" will
inevitably end up in a clip light backstage, never to work again.