[SML] AC power

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Feb 19 02:08:33 UTC 2015

I had a call from a power regulation/backup company I've had business
with in the past.  Wound up in a long conversation on alternate energy
systems, etc. It's nice to find someone who has a good understanding of
power systems.

It occurred to me that some of their products could be of use to people
here, mainly:

One is the AVR, it takes in line voltage and on a cycle by cycle basis
adjusts the boost/buck factor to keep the output exactly the same.
Keeps lights from flickering, etc.  Used mainly for sensitive lab gear
and large printing presses (amazingly lots of these don't have voltage
regulation built in and need it for calibrated lamps).

The other is a very fast transfer switch.  Used for computer centers,
video servers, etc.  Put two power feeds in (generators, power mains,
battery supply, etc.) and it will keep the output connected to the input
with power.

Here's his contact info.

Nam Paik
Director of Sales
TSi Power Corporation
1103 West Pierce Avenue
Antigo, Wisconsin 54409 USA
Tel: +1-770-339-9891 <tel:%2B1-770-339-9891> (direct)
Fax: +1-770-339-0289 <tel:%2B1-770-339-0289> (direct)
E-mail: nam at tsipower.com <mailto:nam at tsipower.com>

www.tsipower.com <http://www.tsipower.com>

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand