[SML] Printer Recommendation

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Feb 19 19:50:49 UTC 2015

We gave up color printing years ago when it was costing a fortune in
cartridges that never lasted the rated time.  We bought a Canon all in
one (MF3111) for $169 that's worked very well and the cartridges last a
long time.  When I upgraded my computer from XP to Win-7(64) last year I
had to play with the INF file a little to get Windows 7 64-bit to
recognize it, but it now works fine.

I assume any of the new printers will have all the appropriate drivers.
It would be nice if our printer was a network printer or ran off our
Linux server, but that won't happen until this one dies.  It's starting
to show some signs of wear as the manual feed that we use all the time
needs the paper held in until the print starts.

On 02/19/2015 11:33 AM, Charlie Richmond via Stagecraft wrote:
> We recently bought an all in one, networked, Canon at BestBuy for $80
> which has a monochrome laser printer with refillable (voids the
> warranty, though, probably) cartridge that is way cheaper to run than
> ink jet and are very happy with it.  Software is very complete and
> easy to install on all computers in the network.  Only frustration is
> the 'touch screen' is crap, but doesn't need to be accessed very often....
>
> Charlie

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand