[SML] Upgrading dimmer racks

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Feb 24 07:04:56 UTC 2015

> Even if you couldn't afford LED fixtures now, you could still fit two 575
> watt instruments per 1200 watt dimmer, and that may be enough to keep you
> going until additional funding for LED fixtures appears down the road.
> /s/ Richard

That was my thought. With my designs, it is rare that more than two
instruments are ganged on one dimmer. The only reason I gang them at all is
due to the extremely limited number of dimmers.

Forty eight 1200 watt dimmers has the same max power draw as twenty four -
2400 watt dimmers. So such a setup would not require any feeder upgrade.

It might be possible that ninety six 1200 watt dimmers might also be OK
without upgrading the facility main feed. I will have to look into that the
next time I am at the theatre.

Bill