[SML] For your tech table rehearsals.

Dale Farmer dalesql at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 12:22:05 UTC 2015

On 2/25/2015 1:00 AM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 24, 2015, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net <mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:
>
>     http://usb.brando.com/usb-49-port-hub_p12794c0039d015.html
>

>  Ooooooo... Serious overkill for most applications, but it appeals to
> my Inner Nerd.
>
> (Apparently my Inner Nerd is a size queen...)
>
> I do like how it can safely deliver the full 1.5a current to all 49
> jacks. If they made a smaller version - say, a 12-pack or a 24-pack -
> I'd be all on it.

   Yah, my inner nerd was laughing a bit.  I'm trying to imagine what
need there is out there where this is a serious solution.   My
imagination failed me.

ON a slightly more serious note, I ran the hospitality area for a
science fiction convention last week.  I went to the dollar store in my
area (Ocean State Job Lot) and got one of those octopus style
multioutlet cords, a four port USB charger, and a couple of USB to
microusb cables.  Plugged these all in on one of the side tables near
the windows for good phone signal.  Every time I glanced over that way
over the weekend, there was someone at the table with devices plugged
in.   Also plugged in over there was a heated foot massager device under
the table.    A popular combination, it seemed.

   --Dale