[SML] Sovereignty over your stages

Matthew J. Evans mjedesigner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:38:13 UTC 2015

Hi colleagues working at Colleges and Universities,

I'm asking a favor. Will you please respond back to me in an email your
response to the following question?

What is your Theatre Departments relationship with your Facilities
Management or Physical Plants team, regarding sovereignty over your
stages?

In other words are you allowed to transform the physical space or do you
have to request permission from the management of Facilities?

For example, are you allowed to paint the floor and backstage walls, screw
into the stage floors, attach items to the backstage walls, remove doors,
or build scenery into the house? What other type of adjustments do you make
in your spaces?

What skill sets are you expected to know to have complete sovereignty over
your space?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

*Matthew J. Evans*
Boll Theatre Technical Director
Faculty Theatre Lecturer
Theatre Program - College of Arts and Sciences
The University of Dayton
Dayton, OH  45469-2945
Office: *937-229-3834*