[SML] Unistrut safety factor specs?

Stephen Lee mouse at fieldmousepro.com
Thu Feb 26 19:54:16 UTC 2015

Yes, I believe we're talking about the same concept.

My confusion is coming from a lot of the other load ratings in the catalog
having a safety factor mentioned. For example, page 67 lists some crush
load ratings, and lists a safety factor of 2.5 (which I assume means that
the actual tested minimum load before failure is 2.5 times the stated
maximum allowable load).

Page 80 for general fittings says "Design load data, where shown, is based
on the ultimate strength of the connection with a safety factor of 2.5,
unless otherwise noted".

The pipe hangers on page 128 list a safety factor of 5, etc...

However, the max loads for the strut itself don't have a safety factor
listed. I kind of doubt that the loads they have listed are the ultimate
failure strength, but it doesn't say one way or the other.

There's gotta be something I'm missing...

Stephen Lee