[SML] Genie lift safety

Duncan Mahoney dmahoney at usc.edu
Thu Feb 26 20:40:35 UTC 2015

We have JLG 20MVL lifts in several of our theaters.  They have a platform
height of 20', are drive-able (slowly) at height, and are heavy enough that
we don't use ours on the orchestra pit lifts.  The only gripe I have about
them is that the controls "go to sleep" after a few minutes of inactivity,
and restarting them requires waiting through a 30 second or so self
diagnostic, which always seems like forever when you are holding scenery and
waiting for the lift to move out of the way.

Duncan Mahoney
Director of Technical Direction
Associate Professor of Theatre Practice
University of Southern California School of Dramatic Arts