[SML] Testing integrity of mic cables....

Jason Salvatori theatretd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 21:59:59 UTC 2015

Just curious, are you testing just continuity inline, or are you
cross-checking for any shorts as well?  I have a handy little tester
that shows shorts as well as breaks.  It's made by Hosa, does 3pin,
5pin, 1/4", NL4, NL8, DIN, USB and cat5, and was relatively cheap
(about $60CAD)
Typically when testing, I'll also wiggle the cables near the
connectors to see if there is any flickering in the indicator lights
as most often breaks happen near the ends.
Finally, you can try checking resistance.  If there is a "cold" solder
on one of the connections, it will have a higher inpedance than the
good connections.

Jason