[SML] Houston Questions

Will Leonard wleonard at alleytheatre.org
Sun Jan 4 22:21:39 UTC 2015

Jeremiah,

Who want’s a drink (we’ll be based in The Heights)?
<snip> I would be more than glad to meet for drinks (& maybe dinner). My only caveat is we start work at 7am (which means I have to get up at 5:20am to get there on time), so week nights are better early than later. Weekends are more flexible. <snip>
Also wondering about favorite general hardware stores?
<snip> Southland Hardware is the true old school True Value Hardware Store. Around downtown we have, Lowes, Home Depot, Grainger, Fastenal, Montablano Lumber, just to name a few of the places. <snip>
Lumber yards?
<snip> Sam Bassett Lumber 713-223-9154 (open from 7:30-4:15)
Olshan Lumber 713-225-5551 [Mitch Kruse - 713-220-9470: my sales contact]
These places are where we buy our lumber from, when you call tell them I gave their info & you should get good service. <snip>
 Any recommended local vendors for more theatrically specific supplies (i.e., Gaff Tape, Fog Fluid, etc.)?
<snip> For Scenery hardware Techland (832-518-5583) is better stocked & they are in the Heights.
Stagelight has a good selection of lighting supplies. <snip>
And, most specifically, any thoughts on a local vendor which might stock straight wooden ladders in the 10’ to 12’ range? No A-frames, no extensions.
<snip> Off the top of my head, no. Mitch at Olshan might be able to offer some suggestions.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more info & yes we should get together while y'all are here.

-Will Leonard
Asst. Technical Director
Alley Theatre
O: 713-315-5449