[SML] Prop Weapon Question - Legality

Jeremiah Minh Grünblatt roadhat at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 8 00:56:10 UTC 2015

I have been alerted that a prop pistol I purchased legally in 1998 and have
had in my kit ever since, is now very illegal to own or transport. Does
anyone have any knowledge of the whereabouts of state or federal regulations
on this issue? If the laws have indeed changed (I’m told there was a big
change around 2011) have people purged their inventory? Is there any
grandfather clause?

This is a blank-firing model with sealed barrel (top-venting), and an exotic
caliber that cannot (or could not when purchased) be loaded with live
rounds.

Please advise.

Thank you.

J. Minh

PS – Anyone in the Houston area want a really good deal on a solid prop
pistol?