[SML] Soundcraft Si Perfomer 3: any users? Thoughts?

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:06:33 UTC 2015

On 1/7/15 9:46 PM, Jon Ares via Stagecraft wrote:
> Yo, SML peeps.... any users or opinions on the Soundcraft Si Performer
> 3 digital board? Good? Bad? Ugly? Ease of use? (Compared to Yamaha
> LS9?)

I have experience with the Si Expression line which is nigh-identical to
the Performer line. (Performer has DMX output and LCD readouts on each
channel.)  I really liked the sound and ease of use.  It's a digital
console with a user-interface that mimics a good analog desk. I've never
used an LS9, but compared to the Yamaha QL1 the soundcraft boards are
more intuitive and easier to learn.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall