[SML] Prop Weapon Question - Legality

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Jan 8 20:49:25 UTC 2015

I don't know about NY, but out here any folder that can open by a flick
of the wrist without you actually pulling on the blade is classed as a
switchblade.  I have one knife where if you pull the blade out a little
it will then flick open, but I don't carry that.  It's a skinning knife.

On 01/08/2015 12:45 PM, Stuart Baulch via Stagecraft wrote:
> Expanding on Kristi's comment:
>
> New York VIllage Voice Article - How a '50s-Era New York Knife Law Has
> Landed Thousands in Jail
>
> http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2014/10/nyc-gravity-knife-law-arrests.php?page=all
>
> Stuart B

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand