[SML] Deluge systems

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:49:30 UTC 2015

Do any of you wise folk understand the mechanics of these systems?
(Let's hold off on the debate about their suitability for theatre --
it's installed, I can't do anything about that.)

During our maintenance this week, I was able to look at my deluge system
for the first time.  It's two pipes.  One that's easily 2" diameter, and
a companion that's maybe a 3/4" diameter.  That second one just doesn't
seem like it'll be able to pass enough water to make a difference.

Anyone know why it might have to drastically different pipes feeding it?

Steve L.
--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall