[SML] CO2 cylinder

Allison Koster kosteral at juno.com
Mon Jan 12 20:25:38 UTC 2015

Sorry I'm a bit late in responding, but have you looked at the little CO2 cylinders used with SodaStream (~$100 apparatus that allows you to make your own soda & seltzer at home*)?  The CO2 cylinders are the small "lecture bottle" size (~10-12" long, couple inches in diameter).  I don't know offhand what sort of connection they have--I know they screw into the apparatus with, I *THINK* a threaded fitting, but I could be wrong. I know there are some "SodaStream hacks" online, where users have replaced the small CO2 cylinder with larger homebrewing-sized cylinders--you might be able to see what the SodaStream-issued cylinder has for a fitting by looking at one or more of these "hacks".  Anyway, these SodaStream CO2 cylinders are available at some grocery stores and big box retailers (Shopko <sort of like K-Mart> here in the Midwest) and, last time I looked, were ~$20 each.

Allison Koster
Worthington, MN

*I've had a SodaStream at home for 8-9 years, and LOVE it; the CO2 cylinders last a long time, which is why I haven't looked at the fitting lately.