[SML] Remotely actuated floor locks

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 17:40:53 UTC 2015

To report back about my findings on floor locks; I did not find any commercial product that would be totally appropriate.  However, I did get fairly close with the Parker P5T Series of linear air actuators.  They do have load ratings for side loads on the rod, up to 150 in-lbs of torque.

Speaking with the boss, as the pricing was starting to become significant, decided we have more time than money right now, so we will be making our own.  I will design some sort of cam design, like what you see on typical floor locks on industrial work carts. This is so that I can gang several floor locks with one actuator.

Now I have to brush up on my vector math to calculate the forces.

Joe Dunfee
jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
305-999-1759