[SML] Motors on UPSs

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:06:05 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Michael Sauder via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>> What about looking into traction motor power supplies/control.
>
> That's an interesting idea that hasn't come up at all. Thanks!

I'd consider that over a UPS... You don't specify if these are AC or
DC motors, or what the drive(s) is/are, but I can assure you if you
have to start or stop-n-start one of the bases, the current draw will
pretty much bury your UPS battery. If your device is in fairly
constant motion, and is just burning amps to maintain, then the draw
is much less aggressive.

--
Dave Vick
Automation Carpenter/Rigger,