[SML] Motors on UPSs

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Fri Jan 16 03:41:54 UTC 2015

Just a comment on the auto-taps.  I'm sure your electricians know about
it, but just in case it's worth noting.  When you get a brownout and the
transformer switches, your Amp draw will go UP by about the same
percentage as the brownout goes DOWN.  Not a problem unless you're
running close to full capacity and you have a deep brownout.

On 01/15/2015 06:37 PM, Michael Sauder via Stagecraft wrote:

> The wildcard is that we don't know how much of a problem any of this
> really will be. The recommendation I just made to the producers is to
> install an automatic tap transformer to start (we need a step-down
> transformer anyway, this is just a fancier version), a quality power
> monitoring solution so we can gather data and tie into the show
> controller (Medialon Manager), and designate infrastructure space
> where we can put in a $$$ power conditioning system in the future, if
> needed.
>
> Thanks again to everyone for their help, it has been extremely helpful.
>
> Michael S.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand