[SML] PDX swilling?

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Sat Jan 17 16:03:44 UTC 2015

Jon Ares via Stagecraft wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Fred Schoening via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>> I'm early to the bar, so I've secured us a table, down stairs in the back.
>> It appears to be the wine cellar. Fancy! :-D
>
> And a great time was had by all! It was great having that fancy wine
> cellar all to ourselves. Though I thought they might throw us out
> after Fred started grabbing bottles out of the racks and doing a
> bottle dance on the table....
>
> Great to see Fred, Greg, Pat, Don, Dave, Nate & Juniper (hi,
> lurkers!).... good food, good drink, and good stories from great
> company. And thanks for the tour, Dave!

An excellent evening! I seem to be the only one of us who got to see the
show, so I'd seen the tech DV described during our peek backstage. It
was enthralling from out front - the moving set pieces were as well
choreographed as the dance, and SO MUCH VIDEO via those massive LED/RP
screen walls!

The show itself kind of escaped me. I never actually saw the movie, and
I had moments of "wow, I really *am* a geezer" surrounded by women
*mumblety* years younger than I am who knew the movie by heart and spend
the evening squeeing in unison at remembered scenes and dialogue. But
the dancing was terrific, and to be honest, this is one where I didn't
mind walking out humming the scenery.

Thanks, Dave, for giving us the excuse to get together, swap stories and
hoist a Pimm's or two.

Anybody else on the list coming through PDX on tour this year?
Cinderella, Guys & Dolls, I Love Lucy Onstage (whaaaa???), Phantom,
Wicked? We really do need to convene more often...

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org