[SML] portable dimmer packs

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed Jan 21 09:06:00 UTC 2015

> I use the NSI/Leviton packs and the Leprecon packs quite a bit. The Leprecon
> is a lot more robust and more expensive, and higher quality. But the problem
> I've always run into with them is circuit distribution. The NSI packs have a
> single 20a tail and 4 600w dimmers. You can plug (4) 575w instruments in and
> run all 5 at once.

NSI/Leviton has (had?) a pack with two 15A (maybe 20A) tails. Each tail fed
two channels with the feed for circuits 1/2 also powering the pack. I seem to
recall that the circuit pairs have a limit of 1800 watts but I don't recall if
that was available to one circuit.

My pack is in use and difficult to access, so I cannot check. There may be
some on-line documentation available.

Bill