[SML] 12V flicker fire effect?

Jason Salvatori theatretd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 02:02:28 UTC 2015

Car turn signal clickers, from different models or manufacturers.
Put 5 or 6 in parallel with a bulb on each.  They'll all run at
different rates, so you get a random flicker.

Another way I've done it is with a 12v motor, an arm with the 12v+ on
it, and intermittent traces on a circular disc that connect to the
bulbs, but that was a lot more work to build and worked less reliable.

Jason