[SML] Alternatives to 70volt program sound

Stuart Baulch stuart.baulch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:25:58 UTC 2015

Our space turned 25 years ago and we've been experiencing an increase
in problems with out 70v system. Some of the equipment has worn out
and been replaced but now we're experiencing problems with the cable
infrastructure.

Instead of repulling the wire and reusing the same sort of equipment,
I was wondering what other options there are now. Is there a good,
economical way to distribute audio over cat-5?

We're looking at two main feeds (FOH and BOH) and distribution to
about 15 areas.

Many thanks
Stuart