[SML] darwin award winner

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Mon Jul 6 16:33:00 UTC 2015

There is an AP wire story regarding this. It occurred in Calais, Maine.
The victim was Devon Staples, age 22.  The fellow's brother, Cody, is
quoted as saying, "There was no rushing him to the hospital, There was no
Devon left when I got there."  It was a reloadable mortar tube. He ignited
the firework and was killed instantly.  Mechanism of death not noted in the
article.
Steve Rees