[SML] George Izenour's book on theatre design

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 15 17:03:31 UTC 2015

If you are ever in Akron, Ohio visit Izenour's last big multi purpose theater,  EJ Thomas Hall.  After years of inflicting who knows what on our theaters, this one nearly works. ….. 2955 total  seats, flying balcony(585 seats) 1497 in grand tier and 873 in orchestra..., maybe 15 minutes to change the space over.  Opened in 1973.   Loading door at street level means a ramp or lift gate or fork lift for everything…kind of a pain.  Not much room off left.   Still had old lighting equipment last time I visited but that was some years ago.  Owned by University of Akron …. who dumped the theatre program they had….

DickA
TD, Cornell U