[SML] Masonite Stage Floor Issue

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:53:27 UTC 2015

I could not get the stageboard folks in Canada to say that theirs met
building code and the fact it isn't tested - that the manufacturer
wont have it tested for whatever reason - means that it does not meet
most building and fire code interpretations.  I have not called and
pressed the polyonyx people for the same info, but am suspect.
Normally if a manufacture pays to have it tested and it passes, its in
their interest to advertise that.  Holding a match to a sample (of
stage board) it sees to continue to burn - not a good sign.  Tests
have some fickleness - I can't predict it would pass or not - but if
it isn't tested and passes, it's not complaint with the codes.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC