[SML] Masonite Stage Floor Issue

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Sat Jul 18 00:08:56 UTC 2015

+1 on Patrick's method.  I followed his instructions closely on our main
stage and have not had any issues with paint adhesion in 15 years.  We did
not use the exact paint brand that Patrick suggest but did use a flat
exterior latex paint.  Our top coat has usually been Behr Porch and Floor
Enamel in black.  Even after a few weeks, gaff tape doesn't pull the paint
off.

Our studio theater has been treated differently, mostly because our base
floor is vinyl tiles on concrete (don't ask--I'll just rant).  There, I
gaff tape 1/8" double tempered hardboard (smooth) to create a paintable
surface.  I've used the Behr Porch and Floor there without any primer and
still have not experienced any paint adhesion issues.  That floor is not
left down but is laid in the winter and removed in the spring (for the
summer camp to use the studio as a gymnastics area).

<http://www.arts.iup.edu/facthe/gpatrick/instructions/duron%20instructions
.htm>

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy