[SML] Fwd: dmx WITH PIX! this time

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Jul 21 16:32:20 UTC 2015

That's why I've always used the SN65HVD1781, 70V protected and slew rate
limited.  Really expensive as these chips go, but the only bad ones I've
had turned out to be fakes and/or used.

That's one thing to watch for, every time I've tried to buy these from a
less than very well known source, they've turned out to be counterfeit.
Had one place try to convince me they're not even after I showed them
the TI rep confirming they were fake.

So, even when a manufacturer tries to do good, it's easy to be caught
shipping trash.

On 07/21/2015 09:24 AM, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft wrote:
> The o-scope pictures really bring it home to me.  I had read about
> ringing and such in books but never really groked it.  Looking at them
> under the different termination scenarios made it easy to understand.
>
> Dale

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand