[SML] black masking shrunk during cleaning. . . .

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 23 01:31:30 UTC 2015

Before going to IFR drapes we had ours cleaned and new flame retardant while hanging in place.  (International Fire Sheild)  One leg went in for repair and while their it was cleaned ……..fairly normal for places to charge you to clean them before they will work on them, i wouldn't want to breathe years of theatre dust either.  That leg shrank about a foot.   We had the repair repaired by adding to the top and letting it be the far upstage leg.  At 30' tall we never saw the top.
Original drapes lasted about 25 years.

DickA
TD, Cornell U