[SML] Windows 10

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 28 18:32:20 UTC 2015

Folklore has it that the even-numbered Windows versions are awful,
while the odd-numbered ones seem to work fairly well. The latter is
certainly my own experience. After running XP for some years, I was
compelled to update to Windows 7 when my cable company gave me a new
wireless modem. While physically identical with the old one, it
doesn't talk to XP. That cost me £200, plus the loss of a number of
files, not to mention that it no longer talks to my printer. Yes, I
have chased up the appropriate new driver, but there is still a
communications problem.

All that said, I can live with Windows 7. It has its differences from
XP, notably in its file handling processes. But what later version of
any OS doesn't? I still lament the loss of the 'drag and drop' of
earlier versions.

On 28 July 2015 at 00:37, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>> I see Microsoft has found another way to be "helpful", when you upgrade
>> it will by default share your WiFi password with all your Outlook.com,
>> Skype, and Facebook friends.  If you later add a WiFi network, you'll
>> get the option to not share it.
>
> One of the many reasons not to install Win 10 until it has been released to
> the public for at least a year.
>
> Bill

Frank Wood