[SML] Audio levels

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:05:10 UTC 2015

Dear Dale,
My response has always been an emphatic 'no'. I personally own all of the
sound equipment; I write or approve the contracts, and am also
the Theatre's landlord, so I'm risk-adverse. I can turn away 'problem'
customers with impunity.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On 6/3/2015 2:34 PM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> Question for those of you in road houses or presenter situations:
>>
>> I just received a rider where they specify that "Sound control and level
>> is at the Company's discretion, but every reasonable effort will be made
>> to accommodate Presenter's request."
>>
>> My answer to this was a polite "hell no."  My venue, my gear, my
>> audience.  I get the final say on audio levels.
>>
>> Is this a common request on riders?  I don't get many road shows, and it
>> hasn't cropped up on the few that have been through here.  Does anyone
>> one else give up complete control of their sound system to the show?
>>
>> Steve L.
>>
> Who is legally bound to pay the damages from noise citations, customers
> and employees who complain about hearing damages?  OSHA also has rules
> about maximum noise levels employees are exposed to.
>
> --Dale

/s/ Richard
_________