[SML] RigCalc is back (slightly commercial post)

C. Andrew Dunning landrudesign at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:49:46 UTC 2015

> So that's going right on the top of my list of
> side projects.  But priority is evaluated
> sometimes bottom to top, sometimes left to right,
> and sometimes alphabetically.

Funny to read, but I think we all understand that all too well -
at least in our own way.  Just taking the VW tool part of my
business, I do have a Somewhat Prioritized List for each of my
tools...but...

- In order to maintain consistency, an adjustment in one tool has
to be replicated family-wide.  One that SEEMED minor turns into
multiple weeks of work and a bunch of testing.

- A new VW version is released that either offers new
opportunities or forces adjustments.

- A company with a large multi-site license voices a concern or
makes a request.

- A user finds a bug (gasp) that that might have seemed to be
relatively minor but turns out to be a little bigger.

- A user offers a suggestion/request that is relatively easy to
implement and fits an available block of time.

- I have an "Aha" moment regarding an issue/feature that has been
on the "I Don't Even Know Where To Start" part of The List.

- As a user of my own tools, I need a new feature for a current
project.

...and...that's just what comes to-mind after recent weeks...
;-)

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design
-