[SML] DMX through an E-stop button

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:19:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Sean McCarthy via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Might be a little too Rube Goldberg, but what about a device that an
> active DMX transmitter (opto-iso, etc) and an 'e-stop' on the power
> supply to THAT device.  That way it's just killing power to the DMX
> generator.

I thought of something like that, and it would probably work.

The solution we're going with is a contactor. I thought of that too, but in
my mind it was "a lot of work" to buy and run the conduit and wiring and
everything else involved in something that spans three locations on three
floors. Apparently I'm still not used to the fact that I have a whole crew
at my disposal, many of them much more skilled than I am at physical
installations, who can bang this stuff out in a jiffy. This is my first
project with that kind of power/responsibility/"So let it be said, so let
it be done."

Thanks for the help!
Michael S.