[SML] (Sort of semi-OT) The Un-Carrier

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:12:07 UTC 2015

Dave- Been a T_Mobile user for over 20 yrs.  They just keep upgrading my
original 1995ish  plan, but keep same very low fees!!!!, and they have
way upped the coverage (still not quite as good as Ver) and now
w/unlimited usage and auto Wi-Fi.  Had some problems w/ grandkids'
abuses, but they easily forgave $$$ them all, for good customer
relations.  Used it all over Europe free and easy (no firmware
adjustments) because they are a EU based company.

Dick- Sitting in the parking lot in PHX is a non-option (115
yesterday).  Go inside, spend a buck for an unlimited coke (and
bathroom), and spread out in a corner booth.  I've never seen a customer
rousted for overstaying his wi-fi time.  This begs the question -if
McD's offers free Wi-Fi, why does Hilton, Marriott, and other top-shelf
hotels charge $15-$25/ day for it?

Chip 1