[SML] Electrol Dimmers

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Tue Jun 23 01:59:46 UTC 2015

Googled and Bing'd this, but looking for some confirmation and have a
question.

LEX bought Electrol in 2006?  The rack mounted product line is now gone,
correct?  Just the LEX portable products remain?   About when did this
happen?

Situation I was called in to evaluate:  Local venue had Electrol rack
install with 5 D12s (or D125s) in 2011.   Seem to work fine with Express
24/48.  Found a manual online so I can make configuration changes if
needed.

Was this at or after the end of the product?  Anybody service the racks
anymore?  Did they get "took" as far as product life cycle goes?

Problem:  Several of the house down lights seem to cycle on/off on their
own about every minute or two.  Not all of them just a couple.   Without
a lift to reach them and unable to see inside the fixture, I'm guessing
they are CFLs in side the fixtures.  (multiple tier fancy fixtures)
Only peculiar thing is there are three lights per dimmer and all three
lights cycle on/off together.

Insights appreciated until I get back over there to do more
investigation (pro bono work).

Alf