[SML] Since we've been talking about cell networks ...

JIM VOGEL james.vogel at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 24 13:39:42 UTC 2015

I’ve had AT&T for several decades now, and overall, I’m very satisfied with the coverage, cost, and service.
Their stores are staffed by friendly, knowledgeable people, they answer their phones when I need to call them, and I seldom have any outages.
I have 3 cells (partner, daughter, me), land line, not basic cable, high speed internet, and they host my website.
I’m lucky in that I have the ‘grandfathered’ unlimited data, (never noticed any throttling on it), which is good because I use a lot of data (video’s, streaming music, etc).
We all use a fair amount of texting, and calling, but little international. The times I have traveled overseas, it’s been easy to switch my plan so I can make/receive international calls at a reasonable rate.

I have not gone with their new “rent your phone” plan, as in the long run, it’s cheaper to buy the phone outright from Apple.
So, overall, I’m a happy AT&T customer.