[SML] Taiwan water park explosin

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 28 18:58:27 UTC 2015

I remember my chemistry master demonstrating this with a sheet of
foolscap paper rolled into a funnek, a teaspoon of flour, and a bunsen
burner.

I also remember a dust explosion in the Theatre Royal, Newcastle
upon-Tyne some years ago, which blew a foot-deep dent into the iron.

Easy do do, and surprisingly damaging.

On 28 June 2015 at 01:18, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Holi powder ignition.  You may not want to watch this....Lets be careful out there.   Most  powders will ignite.  Holi powder has a main ingredient of rice flour and we all have heard of flour explosions.
>

> DickA
> TD Cornell u
>

> http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2015/06/pyrotechnics-ignite-holi-powder-burning-hundreds-water-parkclub-taiwan/

Frank Wood