[SML] wire colors

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:11:39 UTC 2015

On Monday, June 29, 2015, Lou Poppler via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

>  However, in practice, you find places like a certain shiny new city
> convention
> center where I once worked.  The first time a crew of IA electricians
> did a trade show, we found that all the floor pockets had 4-pin
> connectors for the 208-wye-120 and for the 480-wye-277 services.

And I still occasionally work there, and it's still that way, lo these many
years later. It makes hooking up some of the more computerized food service
equipment a pretty dicey task (we do a lot of trade shows for the state
fast-food-&-soft-serve concessionaires group). Some of that gear needs a
true neutral, and not this bastardized five-wire-into-four crap.

(It's not so shiny there any more, either...)

--
Dave Vick
Sent from my iEuphamism