[SML] Oregon Shakes Shop

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Thu Mar 5 21:00:46 UTC 2015

It¹s been a while, but when I was at the ART in Cambridge the scene shop
shared space with the High Energy Physics lab fabrication shop in a
building that was the former Cambridge Electron Accelerator
(http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1958/10/16/an-mit-harvard-project-the-el
ectron-accelerator/).  In addition to the fact that we were underground,
with big berms around the walls to protect from the outfall of the old
experiments, there was a beam crane rated at something like 40T. It made
offloading steel orders, as well as the occasional
car-turned-into-scenery, a bit easier.

Bigger crane notwithstanding, that is one fine scene shop y¹all got there.
 Enjoy your new home!

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Department
Home to no beam crane whatsoever