[SML] Foam Fire Retardant

Meixner, Rebekkah Jean rmeixner at ius.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:58:41 UTC 2015

Good Afternoon,

I am reaching out to the collective wisdom of the list in hopes that someone can help me out with a Fire Code issue.  A state fire inspector came through our theatre department's scene shop and noticed that we had some basic 2" blue insulation foam sitting out getting ready to be carved for an upcoming production. Well needless to say he had some issues with it and wanted it out of the building immediately. He stated that it was in violation of a 701 fire code. So for the past week I have been going around and around trying to find a product that I can put over the foam after it is carved which will meet the 701 fire code specifications. I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with this or know of a product which will meet this specific code. Thanks.

Rebekkah J. Meixner-Hanks
Indiana University Southeast
Associate Professor of Theatre
Theatre Department Coordinator