[SML] odd props search

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Tue Mar 10 20:29:25 UTC 2015

I think it might be in the Thurston James¹ book on molding and casting,
wherein he made a plaster mold of a fish (in the mackerel family, I
believe) for use in casting a fish out of polyurethane or some similar
material.  Now, I wouldn¹t recommend doing that with a nice bluefin since
I believe it cooks the fish.  I¹d do it to a pike in a second, though,
because a) I don¹t like the taste of pike and b) they¹re fun to catch, in
case additional pike were needed.  The book said they were able to get two
molds of the fish before it was no longer usable.

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Dept.