[SML] XLR mic cables: Pin 1 to case/ground... yes? no?

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 17 20:03:32 UTC 2015

Thank you for the links. Thr handout is very informative, and I
recommend anyone with an interest to read it.

The Jensen link is also very informative, and the prices would make
your hair curl! It is easy to see why properly designed gear is
expensive, or why cheap gear is often poor.

One line in the handout struck me. "Telephone quality". It may not be
generally known that telephone lines have a bandwidth or 300Hz to
3KHz. This is adequate for intelligible speech. How ADSL manages to
get a 2Mb digital connection to me in France I don't know. At least it
is rock steady and reliable. My cable service in London is neither. I
get anything from 84Mb to 5Mb, depending on which of the many servers
Speedtest latches on to. This seems to cause problems sometimes when
watching operas.

Frank Wood