[SML] UIplighting floor

nathan best best.nathan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:18:12 UTC 2015

Oh great and powerful list,

I've been thrown a design by a set designer who wants an disco style floor.
Oh, and it's already built! :-) :-(

It's 12" tall and framed out in 2x4's and topped with frosted plexi.
Because of the construction, this only leaves me with 5" of space between
the bottom of the 2x4 framing and the floor. My team suggested running LED
rope light through the 2x4 framing to get it as close to the plexi as
possible, but I've never used LED rope light before, and I'm concerned
about the brightness being sufficient. It doesn't have to light the actors,
but it just has to be obvious that the floor is lit. Any thoughts would
help greatly.

Thank you

Nathan Best
Performance Space Technician