[SML] UIplighting floor

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 19 19:51:33 UTC 2015

I don't know how helpful this might be.

I had this problem some years ago, but with rather more room. The
production was "Richard III". There was a 12' x 6' gris structure set
in the stage, of quite closelty spaced 4" x 2" timber. Beneathe this I
buried 8 1KW PARs, in two circuits, one red and one white.

Given your limites headroom, short PARs might just fit.

I have a couple of pictures of the Bosworth scene here. It was
certainly bright enough!

The attachment process has failed. I'll try to send them direct, later.

On 17 March 2015 at 20:18, nathan best via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Oh great and powerful list,
>
> I've been thrown a design by a set designer who wants an disco style floor.
> Oh, and it's already built! :-) :-(
>
> It's 12" tall and framed out in 2x4's and topped with frosted plexi. Because
> of the construction, this only leaves me with 5" of space between the bottom
> of the 2x4 framing and the floor. My team suggested running LED rope light
> through the 2x4 framing to get it as close to the plexi as possible, but
> I've never used LED rope light before, and I'm concerned about the
> brightness being sufficient. It doesn't have to light the actors, but it
> just has to be obvious that the floor is lit. Any thoughts would help
> greatly.
>
> Thank you
>
> Nathan Best
> Performance Space Technician